Guppy With Changing Symptoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpetro90

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,
I have a female guppy that I can't quite seem to nail the disease down, and therefore treatment can't really be effective. I'll just give the details based on the "before posting..." guidelines.

1. The afflicted fish is a female fancy guppy. Initially, the fish had a few (five or six) white grain like spots on it (seemed like ick). The fish was also rubbing along the gravel at the base of the tank and hiding. None of the other fish in the tank (all guppies) appeared to have nay symptoms, but not wanting the ick to spread, I ramped the temp in the tank up from 80F to 87F over a day or so. The next day, most of the white specks now appear to be small red sores as can be seen in one of the attached pictures. The fish also now seems to be pointing its face into the gravel. It may also be pineconing (I've attached pics since I haven't identified this before).
2. Tank parameters are well tracked using a Seneye and an Api Freshwater Master Test Kit to verify. Ammonia and Nitrite levels are 0, nitrates are about 10ppm. Temp was initially 80F but is now at 87F. pH is constant at 7.
3. The tank is ~5 gals and has been set up 3 months.
4. I'm using an up 5-20 mechanical filtration that also has a nitrazorb pack in the filter. It cycles at 100 gph. I also have and undergravel bed of ceramic rings and API stars for biological and a bubble channel to help force flow (see attached pic). I added in a bubble stone to help keep oxygen levels good during increased temps and none of the other fish appear stressed.
5. In this tank I have 4 female guppies, 2 male guppies, and a blue mystery snail.
6. I do 10% water changes (half gallon) every week along with a gravel vacuum.
7. All fish have been in the tank since it was setup. I did a live cycle and manged to be lucky enough to not lose any fish.
8. The only new thing in the tank is the Seneye which has been in place for two weeks.
9. I switch between feeding my Omega one super color flakes and marine land color enhancing flakes. It tends to be random which they get when I'm feeding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done tons of googling on symptoms and how to treat and the short answer I've come up is that the outlook is not good.

Attachments

• WP_20140306_001.jpg
    WP_20140306_001.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 62
  • WP_20140306_005.jpg
    WP_20140306_005.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 62
  • WP_20140306_007.jpg
    WP_20140306_007.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 68
  • WP_20140306_008.jpg
    WP_20140306_008.jpg