Guppy with small snail stuck in her throat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tricky. I assume she's not able to spit it out. Do you think you may be able to manually remove it? Can't remember what they're called ... The nose something pliers (edit: scrap that, overkill) ? Or pointed tweezers? But you'd need to think about anaesthetising her maybe before attempting anything. I honestly don't know. Maybe someone has a sensible suggestion.

Well even my needle nose tweezers are too big for her little mouth :(. She is so careless when she gulps down food....I have always been afraid this would happen with her being such a piglet at feeding time and how she tries to eat anything and everything...this time she bit off more than she can chew I guess.... Thank you for responding

Maybe the kindest thing might be to euthanise her then. As long as you're sure that snail isn't going to go down or come out. She won't survive for long with it stuck in her throat, and she'll no doubt be rather distressed.

Agreed :( I'll keep an eye on her this afternoon and make that decision if she doesn't spit it or crush and pass it :(. Thank you again for the reply

Ok just an update on the little girl...she either spit it out in her own or she crushed it because she is not gasping Andover cant see it in there anymore and she is as active as she used to be sooooo all is good :). So GREAT news!

Ok just an update on the little girl...she either spit it out in her own or she crushed it because she is not gasping Andover cant see it in there anymore and she is as active as she used to be sooooo all is good :). So GREAT news!

Excellent!!! Glad you didn't hurry to do anything drastic!! :)

Back
Top Bottom