Guppys sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindyvenegas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I jave a female guppy who suddenly got very ill. She had internal bleeding I can see it from her grave shot. She looks like somebody stabbed her ask up and down her sides and a patch of skin missing on her back. She won't eat just lays on the bottom of the tank. I seperated her immediately when I noticed her. What do I do or how do I help her I know she's in pain. Poor baby.

Hi, I am so sorry you didn't get an answer sooner. :( I would imagine with the sound of the fish's condition she passed? How are the other fish?

The biggest thing would be to make sure the tank water is is perfect parameters.

How long has the tank be set up?

How long has this fish been in the tank

If the tank is not cycled with a colony of beneficial bacteria living in the filter media, then you will need to get the water to a safe level.

What is the ammonia,
Nitrite
Nitrate

pH
TDS
GH/KH

Yes she passed that next morning��. I've had my tank going since march of this year. I also did like petco said and ran my tank for only a week before adding my guppys into the aquarium. Since my one passed. I haven't had any more get sick they all seem to be doing good. I've been keeping an eye on the poop making sure its not clear and stringy. I also watch to make sure they all eat.
I have these strips you swirl in the water to test it and my results are
Ph 7.5
Alkalinity 150
Hardness 70
Nitrite (no2) 0
Nitrate (no3) 5

Back
Top Bottom