Guupies laying on the floor???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterlilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
If any of you remember my post about the nitrate peak in our 15 gal aquarium and i said my guppies might follow well i was wrong they are still alive and kicking. Now the problem is one of them tends to sometimes lay on the floor it looks like he dead but he is not is this normal for them to lay on the floor or is this from the nitrate peak??

NO2 0
PH 7.5
NO3 0
KH 14

I have not seen that one lay on the bottom much today so maybe its his way of regaining energy, who knows

Check ammonia. It is not normal for a tetra to lie anywhere, so I'd watch him.

Its not a tetra its a guppy, i know tetras dont cause i have 5 black widow tetras i was just curious if anyone knew wether guppies did it or if there is a reason

Sorry about that- my apologies to your guppy! No, guppies do not do this either. They never rest, constantly swimming and searching around. The only exception is when a female is dropping fry she will hide and stay in one place.

lol no prob, i was thinking that he did it cause he may of been slightly dazed from the nitrate peak, but he has not done it for a couple of days so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom