have i got poorly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunnie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, can someone give me some advice. i have 60 litre tropical tank with tetris, swordtails and mollys. 1 of my swordtails has a swollen tummy. at first thought she was pregnant so got told by pet shop to isolate her in breeding net so have done that but she getting worse, she not eating she lying on her side as though she can hardly move. she looks so swollen. Whats wrong with her? My other fish are fine. no problems with them.

You might want to post this in the freshwater unhealthy fish section, you will get more replies.
Sounds like a swim bladder issue to me. Has your tank gone through the nitrogen cycle?

help.....

Hi, i have a 60 litre tank that contains mollies, tetris and swordtails. they are all ok except for 1 of my swordtails which is very swollen, i thought at first was pregnant so i moved her to breeding net but she getting worse she very swollen and not eating and lies on her side. Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks think ive posted it in the right place. yes my tank has gone through the nitrogen cycle.

You can try feeding her peas, which are a laxative, and if possible, quarantine her. If the peas don't work, you can use salt.

Back
Top Bottom