Having to euthanize molly :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm having to put my camallanus infected Molly to sleep... The worms have multiplied so much her vent is spread open the size of an eraser on a pencil stuffed full of them. Meds haven't helped...she's thin, not eating much, and hiding against the plant all the time. The worms have completely manifested from inside her and are huge... She just isn't dying... And after seeing how horrible the infestation is today it's time...
I'm freezing water to slushy consistency and then putting her in. :-( hate to do it, but there's no hope.

I'm so sorry! It must be horrible to loose a fish like that, but you're doing the humane thing:)

Poor thing... She didn't even have a chance in my tank... Noticed the worm 4 days after I got her... My male Molly ignored her completely.. And then I watched her lose not just eggs but an entire sack --- which came out in a big piece... ?? This was about 3 wks ago ... She's been isolated ever since.. And as I said above... One visible worm turned to 3 and then in a week stuffed with a dozen or more visible...
:-(

My first time... Researched throughly... And did it.. She hit the icy water and didn't move again..
I love that I can come here and get support... Thank you

Back
Top Bottom