HEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
i really need help this morning when i woke up there were worm like things in my aquarium. i found one fish dead :cry: and the others were breathing heavy. so i dida 80 % water change and put up the tempurture and im getting pariste killer from the lfs is there anything else i should do. plz help. :cry:

Make sure you need it before you use it. I'm personally against medicating unless it's absolutely necessary - both my fish and myself. If you can get a pic of the "worms" we can help you ID them and see what, if anything, needs to be done.

The 25% water changes can't hurt and can only help things.

You said you upped your temperature, I don't know that that's going to be beneficial in this case. Either way, I hope you did it slowly - no more than 1-1.5 degrees per 12 hours.

I agree, don't use the medications until you are postiive it is a parasite. It might be planaria or nematodes. These are harmless and a sign of overfeeding. What size tank and what inhabitants? How often and how much are you feeding? What are your water parameters? How long has the tank been set up?

Back
Top Bottom