Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great my fish in my 20 gal tank are starting to die . When I put one of the almost dead ones in my 10 gal (i went on a feelng) it sprung back in 30 mins.

Four days ago everything was perfect. I did I did a water change the next day because I have lots of fry in my tank so I change the water every 2-3 days. I waited 24 hours and tested it again and it was good. Today I found one of my guppies floating and a fry. Because I have a lot of plants there is no telling how long they were dead, maybe their bodies were hung up in it. The tank has been running for 6months 4 months with fish.

You can do water changes down to as low as you feel.... As long as your fish can swim it's okay. I think there was an ammo spike from the new fry and then when one died it caused more spikes. Just fish out the dead, vacuum a little and do water changes.

Chenay83 said:
Four days ago everything was perfect. I did I did a water change the next day because I have lots of fry in my tank so I change the water every 2-3 days. I waited 24 hours and tested it again and it was good. Today I found one of my guppies floating and a fry. Because I have a lot of plants there is no telling how long they were dead, maybe their bodies were hung up in it. The tank has been running for 6months 4 months with fish.

It has to seem like something with the water parameters is off in the one tank if the fish did better when you moved him. As soon as you can, try to get a good reading of what your ammonia, no2 and no3 levels are. I suppose it's possible that if there were dead fish you didn't know about, it could have caused an ammonia spike leading to other problems.

I 100% agree with HUKIT (*and Crepe who got in ahead of me :) ) about your original question though...there really is no such thing as too many water changes as long as you are using a quality water conditioner (like Seachem Prime) and temp matching the water. When in doubt...fresh water is always the first step :)

Last edited:
My male molly didn't make it :( but the female molly that I moved had at least one fry :) last night. I think my gourami had a fry in there that got eatten. But they have only been in there 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom