Help 2 guppy deaths and now a nitrite spike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My temperature is 25c. Breathing all looks fine and they're all very active, none are hovering at the surface

Sounds good. How many guppies do you have left now?

I would keep an eye on them and check the water levels for ammonia and nitrite for a few days. How much do you usually feed them? Do you remove any uneaten food? Remember their stomach is the size of their eye (so I've heard) so just a two or three grains each once a day. They can go without food for a few days. Once they are all back to normal you could increase feeds slightly but keep an eye on the levels.

I have 5 and the 2 cherry shrimps. Usually a few grains once a day, I actually thought I was under feeding them so thats good to know. I try and remove any un eaten food but there usually isn't any, unless the shrimps are doing that job for me.

Shrimps are great and they'll get most of the uneaten food... in fact probably all of it as you're feeding them sensibly.

How are the guppies now?

They all seem to be fine, very active and none of them are spending any worrying amount of time at the top of the tank. I tested the nitrite again about half an hour ago and it's probably just off 0ppm, no hint of purple

Back
Top Bottom