help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvmyguppies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a new fish owner. My fish looks sick, he has spots and isn't swimming like normal. Idk what to do for him.

ForumRunner_20120501_155945.jpg

ForumRunner_20120501_160017.jpg

No I haven't tested the water yet but I have been doing two 50% pwc a day. I'm finally taking the 45 min drive to the pet store tomorrow. With work and kids I just haven't had a chance. I really wish the person at the pet store would have told me I needed these things! Or maybe I should have done more research. I love these fish and its killing me that their dying! This lil Guy is loosing his color and has a few lil spots on his tail. He's not active and his fins are drooping. No red gills though. The tank temp is 82°. What type of affordable test kit do you recommend? And since I'm at the pet store would it be a good idea to pick up salt and meds?

The API master test kit is the one to get. Make sure to get liquid tests not strips. I would turn the temp down a bit. 82F is a bit high. Aim for 76-78F. The fish with the spots does it look like it has salt or sugar sprinkled over it?

No the spots are like whitish clear spots on its tail fin. Its not a raised spot it just whitish and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom