Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackwolf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just recently redecorated my tank and I have a Chinese dragon bubbler in the tank. Well both of my clown loaches decided to swim into the mouth of the dragon and I think one might be stuck in there because I only see one of them in the tank. I tried lifting the dragon out of the tank to see if maybe he would just slip out but no luck (that's how I got the other one out). I even gently shook the dragon to see if maybe he would come out but still no luck. Unless I break open the dragon there is no way that I can reach him or see him. I have turned off the tank light to see if maybe the darkness will lure him out. I am also thinking of waiting till morning to see if he got himself unstuck. Any advice on what I should do?

I would wait until morning and see if he came out, if he doesnt you might want to take the dragon out, because the loach could be dead and cause ammonia spikes

He just went in there tonight. Should I wait at least a day or so before taking the dragon out of the tank? I don't think fish die that fast if they're stuck do they?

no they dont, they can last a while without food, so you may want to wait a couple of days. Clown loaches are also nocturnal, so he may like it in there:). I know that when i had this fake log decoration they would spend probally 23 hours of the day in there.

LOL Yeah mine just hide in the bushes all day until the lights go off. Thanks for the advice!

Well he finally came out of the dragon after I tipped it over. I also put air tubing in the dragon's mouth so they can't get back in there.

Back
Top Bottom