Help!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-T-T

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just moved. Got my 55g set back up.. Replaced the fish. We are day 5 at the new house and my ph has crashed completely!!! Tests were great after reset-up. Fine the day after.... Now the water is cloudy and no trace of PH. Other tests look good but the ph is gone. Help please I don't want my fish to suffer!!!

It sounds like your new home has very soft water for the ph to crash this quickly. I would work on some water changes to slowly raise the ph back up without shocking your fish then hit your lfs (sw section) for a bag of crushed coral or argonite to add in a mesh bag/piece of clean pantyhose to your filter. Start with 2-3 tablespoons, check your ph in 24hrs & see how it looks. If its starting to drop, do a wc & add some more. If it jumps up beyond your normal range, do a wc & remove some. It will take a few days of testing to figure out a good amount that will keep your tank stable without jumps or drops. If you have a decent lfs near you (not chain store), you can bring a sample of your tap water & have the KH/GH checked- I suspect one or both are very low. Let us know if get these checked- the cr coral or arg will help with KH but if your GH is nonexistent as well, you may need something additional. :)

Back
Top Bottom