HELP!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brizo

Aquarium Advice Activist
55 Long with a penguin 350 overhang 5" fire eel 4" delhezi bichir & juvi polleni cichlid.

Immediate water changes I'm assuming!?

image-4173217437.jpg

You need to do multiple water changes today. Your tank doesn't seem to be cycled with nitrites that high.

You need to do multiple water changes today. Your tank doesn't seem to be cycled with nitrites that high.

I moronically didn't cycle the tank before adding the fish I want. Looking at them tho you wouldn't think anythings wrong

You need to do at least a 75 percent water change, then retest I would change out another 35 gallons.

50% water changes should be done every week unless there is a toxin spike like right now

When was the last water change before today, and what fish are in the tank?

I did a 5 gallon water change 2 days ago so Monday. I have a fire eel, delhezi bichir and a polleni cichlid with 4 feeder gups who noone wanted to eat.... Which was dumb too put in I let a buddy of mine convince me

You need to do at least a 75 percent water change, then retest I would change out another 35 gallons.

50% water changes should be done every week unless there is a toxin spike like right now

Jesus 35 gallons is alot when you have a tube for a 20 gallon useig a 5 gallon bucket (head smack)

Yeah I hear you. That's what I use, and my tank is 125 gallons. And I do 75-80 gallon water changes every week! It will certainly build your upper body strength! Look at the bright side!

Plus, your fish will be happy and healthy. :) the feeders will get eaten eventually. I use minnows for feeders, and one guy stuck around for 5 months before he disappeared.

The good news is no ammonia so it shouldn't be to long till your cycled. Just keep those nitrites as low as you can :)

Yeah I hear you. That's what I use, and my tank is 125 gallons. And I do 75-80 gallon water changes every week! It will certainly build your upper body strength! Look at the bright side!

Plus, your fish will be happy and healthy. :) the feeders will get eaten eventually. I use minnows for feeders, and one guy stuck around for 5 months before he disappeared.

All 4 guppies are gone without a trace. Savage. I wish I could have seen who's doing it. My money's on the bichir

Back
Top Bottom