Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would agree with pop-eye.

I've had it a few times. I treated with Epsom salts successfully

What are your water parameters?

Parameter of water
Ph:6, 28'c hardness 3. I do 25%water changes once a week, I like to use "Indian almond leaves" in my 150 g discus tank I find it gives a natural additive to the water similar to liquids you can buy which claim to add chemicals to the water that will give you that amazon river consistency.

not enough water changes i would be doing one every other day discus require A LOT of care. right now you should be doing it every day to help with the infection

also do you have activated carbon in your filter? it is said that carbon will hold and release impurities in a concentrated level and can harm discus so if you want to have carbon you have to change it regularly or get filter pads without carbon

I was told before discus require lots of water changes but since I have a 150 g tank I thought with just 25% a week should be fine, and I have these beautiful guys for more than a year now, so you think doing water changes more often will be enough to survive??, because I dont think my little guy will be the same after this but I just want to see him eating, swimming happy with his buddies,

even if your water params are perfect you still need to do the extensive water changes. it is the best way to keep them healthy happy and disease free. he should heal up just fine ive had a fish with pop-eye and put him in a qt tank and changed 50% water every day it took about a week to clear up and i kept it in for an extra two weeks to be sure. his swelling went down and turned back to normal. im really sorry to hear about this, discus are such beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom