Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaun 75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so my fish are scratching on the substrate so you automatically think ick but no visible white spots on any of the fish.
I'm currently on the second day treating for flukes as I'm not sure what else it could be.
I have lost a few rummynose tetras that lost weight and it looked like something was coming from the anus.
My fish are still scratching so I'm a little perplexed
Parameters are zero ammonia zero nitrites and nitrates 10-20ppm
Ph is stable at 7.2
Tank is 140 litres with external ecco 300 eheim filter and cycled for 4 years
I recently got a new ram and because I have no quarantine tank I'm assuming she brought something in.
But I just need to know what to treat because I think its flukes but no fish seems to be getting better after 24hrs of dosing prazipro.
Any help be appreciated

Are you able to treat with aquarium salt? Like do you have shrimp/snails that salt would hurt?

Ah. I'm out of ideas then. Unless you have a separate tank for the tetras.
How long is the full dose of prazipro? Maybe they won't show improvement until later in the treatment.

It says dose then wait 5-7 days then repeat to kill any eggs that haven't hatched.
I got prazipro as its shrimp safe.
It's so hard to find meds that are not shrimp safe��

At least you can find meds. I'm in Canada where if I need meds (other than melafix) I would need to go to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom