Help! All fish dead!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uelissa

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today I came home to work to find that all 6 of my male fancy guppies were dead. They were up and eating fine this morning. This is a newer tank, and I've had the fish for about a week, but I've never had this happen. I've had tanks for quite some time but nothing like this has happened. I let the tank settle and the filter run for a good week like I had always have with new tanks. The fish did not have any sicknesses, either. What could have happened???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So today I came home to work to find that all 6 of my male fancy guppies were dead. They were up and eating fine this morning. This is a newer tank, and I've had the fish for about a week, but I've never had this happen. I've had tanks for quite some time but nothing like this has happened. I let the tank settle and the filter run for a good week like I had always have with new tanks. The fish did not have any sicknesses, either. What could have happened???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One week?
I don't think that's a fully cycled tank

Sent from my Pixel C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The link in my signature is a treasure trove of info with links to the "fish in" and other articles as well.

So sorry to hear of the losses. I had had tanks for 30 years and found out that there were important things I didn't yet know! One of the most critical was about the nitrogen cycle and BB (beneficial bacteria). As an aside, rinsing the filter pads in untreated tap water kills the bb, and throwing away the filter pads every month throws away your bb. Hope you find some good useful info in the articles.

Back
Top Bottom