HELP Angelfish Septicemia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieren

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need help and opinions on what could be wrong with my Angelfish

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
Koi Angelfish
Had recently started showing a red hue at the base of his dorsal fin, and only since returning from my holiday have I noticed is has gotten a lot more prominent and has spread further around the top of his head and possibly through his centre.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Temp 24-25C
Don't have a test kit for other values but will get it tested asap

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
63L and has been set up for approx. 6 months

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Overhead filter standard with tank.
Have added EHEIM Mech Pro Bioballs

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
1x Koi Angel
1x MarbleAngel (juvenile purchased aprrox. 1 month ago)
1x Dwarf Gourami
1x Painted Swordtail/Lyretail
1x Balloon Molly
1x Yoyo Loach
I understand my tank is overstocked and I am in the process of setting up a new tank to transfer everyone to.

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
Last water change I did was 14 days ago. I did a 50% water change and then a 70-80% water change the next day (I was going on a holiday and made sure to completely clean my tank out before leaving,

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
6 months

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
Nothing has changed.

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
I feed everyone once daily a diet of bloodworms, brine shrimp, and algae wafers

Her behaviour since the red has appeared hasn't changed at all. She is extremely energetic and seems very happy. She's constantly looking for food and when I come over to the tank she goes psycho thinking she's going to get fed.

So basically other than the red on her body she seems perfectly normal. I just need to know if I should be worried about Septicemia or if its just her gaining some more colour with age?

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 237
To me (and fingers crossed your fish is still fine) that looked normal after checking a few I have that have a pale body. Did you check tank chemistry in the end? If the coloration developed suddenly I'd also agree this should be checked as soon as possible. On that sort of large water change imo I'd check tank chemistry before hand as well - just to see how much the eg ph will shift.

Looks like just a normal coloration thing. My spawning pairs of panda koi angelfish have roughly the same thing.

By the way, I implore you to get at least 4 more yoyo loaches. They're a highly social species that should be kept in groups of at least 5

Back
Top Bottom