HELP asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Mrs Puff wont eat the medicine. She tries to eat the pellets that are too big. I crushed up snails and mixed the crushed pellets with it but she would only go after the bigger pieces . I need help what to do her belly is sunken in bad

Hmm. Try mushing some minced garrlic on it. That's how the salties get some fish to eat. Garlic is also a good anti-parasitic. Hypersalinity is also your next bet. If all else fails call the vet. They can prescribe an anti-parasitic fluid that you can soak your puffer's favorite food in.

What kind of medicine are you treating her with? There are several medications that come in a gel form and you can soak the food in them.

You may have to forget the feeding medication and add medication directly to the tank.

Ultra Cure PX - 4 oz.

Here's some gel he's talking about. Although I'm not sure how effective it is. For our koi we get the vet to prescribe the same anti-parasites you would use on small animals and soak the food in it.

Thanks guys. I got Jungle Anti PArasite food because that was the only thing they had at the LFS I went to (not one I like, but can't afford to go all the way to saginaw) so I was kind of limited in choices. I will try the garlic first and start looking for gel!

Get some fresh garlic cloves, and much them up so it's kind of juicy. Garlic is also supposedly some sort of anti-parasitic food for fish too.
Good luck LM. :(

Your next best is to use the meds in the water. Praziquental (PraziPro, etc) that is in Jungle's anti-parasite is fairly well absorbed when used in water. <Although this will not work for true worms .... Levamazole in Jungle's food is for that.>

You might try getting the Prazi & soaking the food in it. Even live food should soak up a bit of the Prazi. You can also add some garlic juice to enhance the taste .... but if that doesn't work, then Prazi in water is what I'd suggest.

Ya, i agree with the statement if she dosent eat soon just go for a med adding strate to the water supply.

I am going to try the gel tek stuff, if anywhere has it -_- I have tried to order from 3 different places so far and of course they are all out of stock. I tried the garlic, she eats the brine shrimp and snails but she just wont eat the pellets. I will probably treat the water column and feed the gel food because I want to make sure the parasites are gone and that alejandro doesnt get them.

how's mrs puff doing? haven't heard from you in a few days. hope she's doing alright

Back
Top Bottom