Help. Black Ghost Knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think he knows, since in the first post he said he knew it was a bad choice. IMO. Just curious... What size tank do they need?

He's 4 inches right now. And obviously not as most noobs I'm doing it now. Depending most sites I have seen vary tank sizes from 50 to 100g

I would go even bigger than 75 gallon, my BGK grew from 4-8 inches in less than 6 months. I would say 100-125 since they are long fish and LOVE to dart around.

Like posted before, keep the water really really clean, if you have ANY decorations in there, feel them and make sure there are no sharp edges. Almost all of the plastic houses and tubes I got for mine had to be sanded down.
Do not put him back in the 10 gallon, keep him in the bigger one, it has more water volume, which is therefore easier to maintain okay water parameters.
Do water changes until you get the nitrites down to .25, even if you have to do two 50% water changes every day.
What are you feeding him and how much?

dkpate said:
I would go even bigger than 75 gallon, my BGK grew from 4-8 inches in less than 6 months. I would say 100-125 since they are long fish and LOVE to dart around.

Like posted before, keep the water really really clean, if you have ANY decorations in there, feel them and make sure there are no sharp edges. Almost all of the plastic houses and tubes I got for mine had to be sanded down.
Do not put him back in the 10 gallon, keep him in the bigger one, it has more water volume, which is therefore easier to maintain okay water parameters.
Do water changes until you get the nitrites down to .25, even if you have to do two 50% water changes every day.
What are you feeding him and how much?

So my nitrites need to come up? It's at 0.1 last night.

And yah im thinking 125+ when I'm done for him cuz when thenlights go out He's crazy just cruzin back and forth

Sorry for the delay guys I really do appreciate the help. I have been away from home the last day. The kit is a nutrafin mini master test kit

Here are the scales

The 0.xx scale is nitrite and the other is nitrate.

Attachments

• image-676552713.jpg
    image-676552713.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2770713634.jpg
    image-2770713634.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 78
Update..

So far ghosty is already looking btr I had added some stress coat + a couple days back and he is looking much better. I think i will continue with it on my pwc. It says it can remove chlorine and chloramines as well. Should I use this to replace my topfin water clarifier, Or use both?

Will post new readings this evening after pwc

Edit omg the crap i was sold isn't water conditioner at all. I have been putting my fish into unconditioned water.

Will the prime conflict with stresscoat+ ? I am worried about too much chemicals... Prime is water conditioner right?

Ok today's readings

Ph 7.5
Amonia 0.6
Nitrate 5
Nitrite 0.1

It almost looked like 0.3 on the chart just not quite enough to me. Maybe 0.2??

Prime is fine with everything, and I would actually just go with the Prime itself, skip all the other stuff.

You should keep doing water changes every day or so until the ammonia and nitrite are at 0, which could take 3-6 weeks.

dkpate said:
Prime is fine with everything, and I would actually just go with the Prime itself, skip all the other stuff.

You should keep doing water changes every day or so until the ammonia and nitrite are at 0, which could take 3-6 weeks.

+1

Update:

Nitrite 0
Nitrate >5
< 10

Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0.6

Looks like my nitrates are rising. Does this mean I'm starting to cycle?

Do a 25% water change to get that ammonia down, your mid-cycle and are doing just fine. Keep it up! How's the little guy doing?

He is looking much better. The white stuff is fading and it looks like he is healing it might be a little bit. Prolly after the cycle. I'll do a 15 gal change tomorrow and see how the ammonia is. Any reason why it isn't dropping? Water changes too small?

Back
Top Bottom