HELP blue ram with bulging eye! With baby fry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lb8953

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please help me!!

My pair of blue Rams had fry this week and I noticed that my female has a MASSIVE pop eye and she's looking pretty skinny with white string poo! I'm not sure what to do!! I have added in some aquairum salt yesterday and put some Api stress coat! I have pimafix and melafix but not sure if I should add when I have 3 day old fry!! Her eye is getting worse, I noticed it yesterday !

Her behaviour is pretty normal, just guarding the fry and collecting them when they get lost, I just don't want to loose her as they are my only pair! There are no other fish in the tank!

Please help, anything !!!

Sounds like internal parasites to me. Columnaris could also be a problem. Keep up with regular PWC's. I'd move her to a quarantine tank and treat there. Get Prazipro, that'll treat it faster than anything else. What are your water parameters?

Don't add anymore salt, not really good for rams. Also all the medications ending in -fix, are herbal and pretty useless. Sorry to tell you that.

I would like Nils said, do a 50% water change, ASAP daily until the popeye gets better.

Popeye can be because of lots of things, in your case I'm thinking bacterial. Do you have another tank? You can place the female in there, and have the fry by themselves. Make sure to cover the intake of the filter with some pantyhose.(so the fry don't get sucked up)

Back
Top Bottom