Help camellanus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria52797

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help me please my guppies have camellanus and all my fish can get it. My oscars are in the tank they used to be in and now there gana get it. HELP!!! What is the best treatment??? Please I'm freaking out omg!!! HELP!!!!!!!

I used this stuff.. and it worked so fast and amazing! I also noticed that I have less RCS... but it seems like they are safe for them most part as well as my snails! My guppies are all healthy and happy finally! I feel like i saved them from almost every disease possible that they had when i got them...

the stuff i used is levamisole hci powder. It's fairly cheap as well. If you have any questions about it or want to buy it, there's a guy that has a website that is very helpful and he'll also sell you enough to treat your aquarium for pretty cheap =)

Hi I'm in the middle of treating my tank. The treatment I got was called sera nematol. I looked every where and I found this on eBay it costs about 15 English pounds and it is designed for aquarium use. Levisole I think is a worming treatment for animals so you have to be really careful of the dosage you use. Sera nematol comes with straight forward instruction even a dummy (like me) can understand them. Also saying that you will lose a few fish because as those little evil worms die they can shrivel up and block the fishes insides and also where they latch on to the gut wall can become infected. Hope this helps as I had a really bad outbreak of it and my angels,bn plecs,kibensis,mollies and barbs had it. Iv had so far one barb and 4 mollies die because of the side affects. So good luck

Thanx guys I will look for the stuff you said. Omg I have 5 baby guppies is it to late for them???? I also have 4 pregnant guppies but now I don't even know if there pregnant because it could be the stupid worms!!!

Well mine didn't look bloated at all so if your guppies are fat they properly are preggas. The only symptoms I had was the little red worms sticking out of their bums and some unexplained deaths. But as the fry go they should survive as like I said I'm in the middle of treating my tank and my kribs have got some fry and they seem to be doing fine.

I'm so worried I named each one of my fish and care very much about them. 4 pregnant ones and there the only ones I've noticed the camellanus worm sticking out of. I read it takes months to get rid of is that true??? Is it gana stop my females from being able to give birth because its clogging up "the hole". A few days ago I saww one of my preg. Females poop out pink poop. Is that the worm? Part of the pregnancy? What was that?

Omg im freaking out! I feel so horrible. I got all except 2 of my guppies from a lady that breeds them. Then I got my 3 tetras 3 platies and 3 corycats from a fish store. I've had the guppies for a while maybe a month take a little give a little. And I just got the tetras ect. Like 3 days ago. How do I tell who it came from???

The fish showing the red fiborous worms have been infested for quite some time. they have like a 12 week life cycle... once they start showing like that its well advanced... so the fish that are showing these worms, are where it came from...

Its not your fault.... this worm is the reason i set up a QT tank for any new purchases of fish, however i fell into the same problem most do at first and my QT turned into my guppy tank... Do your research, there are some things you can try, you fish may not be as resistant to treatment as mine were.... GL!!

Thanks Tasha. I really hope my fish make it out okay. Today is my birthday so I should get a little money so I can try to get some treatment. This sucks though. I will definently make a qt tank from now on. Should I comfront the person I got them from?

I am just now finishing cycling my 20g long for my swordtails that I have had since April 2nd. When I moved the filter from the 10g to the 20g May 18, I did find a red worm like the picture lying on the sand. I took it out.

How long does it take to see them coming out of my fish?

Okay so camellanus doesn't show for 6-12 weeks... I just watched my platty and my biggest guppy poop out a red string. It was there then it was pooped out. Is it poop or a worm? I scooped out one of the poops and it squished like poop. Can camellanus go back inside the fish once its hanging out? Does camellanus get pooped out? Now the female that had a red string hanging out doesn't have it. Did she poop it out? Did it go inside her? What's going on? Is this all poop or is it really camellanus??? I'm so comfused.

Thanks Tasha. I really hope my fish make it out okay. Today is my birthday so I should get a little money so I can try to get some treatment. This sucks though. I will definently make a qt tank from now on. Should I comfront the person I got them from?

absolutely!!! she has to stop selling them until her infestation is cleared up.... and remember its in the fish but also in the water, substrate, everywhere....

ok here is a picture of one of my fish that had it, the fibers (worms) are more reddish than showing up in the picuture.. and you will usually see more than one stick out at a time, it doesnt look like poop at all!!

Attachments

• IMG_8229edit.jpg
    IMG_8229edit.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 199
Okay so camellanus doesn't show for 6-12 weeks... I just watched my platty and my biggest guppy poop out a red string. It was there then it was pooped out. Is it poop or a worm? I scooped out one of the poops and it squished like poop. Can camellanus go back inside the fish once its hanging out? Does camellanus get pooped out? Now the female that had a red string hanging out doesn't have it. Did she poop it out? Did it go inside her? What's going on? Is this all poop or is it really camellanus??? I'm so comfused.

yes sometimes the worms are sticking out more times than others, but the anal vent is usally more open/ or swollen... sounds like maybe its a reddish poop, which they can get especially if there eating more shrimp brine type foods...

Well all I've fed them is flakes and pellets. I did throw a small earth worm in there last night and they all picked at it and ate a little bit. How do I tell for sure if its camellanus or poop? There small is the vent swollen enough to tell by looking at them or does it take a close up look. I can't see any swolenness from just watching them swim around.

Does the picture help at all?? the vent will be obviously swollen... not pinched closed tight....

Those yellowish hair like things are the worms? If they are I'm freaking out for nothing I think. What I am looking at on my fish is the size of there poop with only one hanging out. Is it just poop? Am I freaking out for nothing??

yes those little hair like things are the worms... like I said the picture isnt showing their true color, normally they start out quite red, and the longer they hand there they get a little lighter but there not yellow.... I think your just seeing fish poop!! :) They do put shrimp brine into fish flakes in some brands... could just be the color of their poop....

can you take a picture of your fish with the "poop/worm" coming out of it to show me?

That's defo camellanus worms. That's exactly the same as I had. The treatment I used killed them off with in two days. And then a week later you do a 80 per cent water change and then a week again later you do the treatment again so to kill all the worms that were eggs when you done the fist treatment

Back
Top Bottom