Help. Cloudy water and now white moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is tough. Take the plant out you added first. Do another vac and water change along with add prime. Then lets see what happens.

The cloudiness is just a bacterial bloom nothing to worry about now how about a closer look at that white stuff

The cloudiness is just a bacterial bloom nothing to worry about now how about a closer look at that white stuff

Well I did already state thats what the cloudiness was. Im reffering to the white stuff. He said the only new thing he added was a plant. I am saying remove and do a PWC and vac to eliminate the stuff and go from there.

I was told to change the filter weekly! Wow did they lead me wrong. Glad I read this thread, I too had white cloudy ness. I was very worried .
I use multi filtered water but didn't use the conditioner with pwc. Thanks for the help.

I was told to change the filter weekly! Wow did they lead me wrong. Glad I read this thread, I too had white cloudy ness. I was very worried .
I use multi filtered water but didn't use the conditioner with pwc. Thanks for the help.

Filter really only needs to be changed when its falling apart which could take 6+ months

Cool deal they were getting expensive and I started washing and reusing them. OOPS!!

Well the white fungus could be growing rapidly because of the metals you have in the well water. It could have been introduced by the plant, which explains why none of your other tanks have it.

Well the white fungus could be growing rapidly because of the metals you have in the well water. It could have been introduced by the plant, which explains why none of your other tanks have it.

He took the plant from another tank he has

I took it out off my other tank. Had the plant for a year

Now I'm confused. I always wash my filter weekly with tap water and changed them monthly. Now what i should just rinse them in aquarium and rep.ace when falling apart. Aporx 6 month?

Now I'm confused. I always wash my filter weekly with tap water and changed them monthly. Now what i should just rinse them in aquarium and rep.ace when falling apart. Aporx 6 month?

When you do a water change, rinse the filter in the old tank water. Only replace the filter when its falling apart. Sometimes thats 6 months, sometimes that's a year. It all depends

Tank still not cleared but only cloudy. Now my fishes poop is white. Was is going one help

Back
Top Bottom