Help. Cloudy water and now white moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nogauthi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help

I have an establish 15 gal aquarium. I've taken out cichlids and put neons and guppy. Did a water change Monday (first one with these fish) and it was cloudy after. Did another water change today. Now very cloudy and white moss or mold growing everywhere.
What is this and what to do?

Help

I have an establish 15 gal aquarium. I've taken out cichlids and put neons and guppy. Did a water change Monday (first one with these fish) and it was cloudy after. Did another water change today. Now very cloudy and white moss or mold growing everywhere.

We need your water parameters and a picture please

Help

Here are pics

Attachments

• image-3186575875.jpg
    image-3186575875.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2380217349.jpg
    image-2380217349.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 66
Right in bottom on black subtract

Running for a few months. At least 6 month. I took out African and add tetras and other. The other thing I did when changing water on Monday was take a live plants from my other aquarium of Africa cichlids and add it to this tank. Now all cloudy and getting worst by the minutes. The molds almost looks like what grows on bad bread

Have you replaces your filter pads lately?
If so, when?

I replaced it on the 5 th. I replace every month with no exception. I normally don't use water conditioner. I have two more tanks and all is good. I add water conditioner today to see if it would help. But no. I used prime

I replaced it on the 5 th. I replace every month with no exception. I normally don't use water conditioner. I have two more tanks and all is good. I add water conditioner today to see if it would help. But no. I used prime

Okay. Here is the problem dont replace your filter every month. Your filter pad is the main source for beneficial bacteria that sustain the life in your tank. When you replace it your tank will naturally get cloudy because it has to re-cycle

Okay. Here is the problem dont replace your filter every month. Your filter pad is the main source for beneficial bacteria that sustain the life in your tank. When you replace it your tank will naturally get cloudy because it has to re-cycle

Isn't their the bacteria in the water and subtract?

Isn't their the bacteria in the water and subtract?

Yes but the vast majority is gonna be on the filter. When you do a water change, take the filter out and rinse it in your old tank water. This will keep the bb alive and your tank healthy

And you need to use the water conditioner every time you do a pwc. No matter what. Its vital

That not what I understand from well water. Why have I not ever gotten any. Problem in the last year I have my three tanks

That not what I understand from well water. Why have I not ever gotten any. Problem in the last year I have my three tanks

Well water is a bit different. I didnt know you had a well. Well water is only gonna be a bit harder but cleaner most definitely. Id still add a tidge of prime to help. Im not sure what the white stuff is. Try dojng a gravel vac and a 30% water change. Add the prime and lets see what happens

Well water is a bit different. I didnt know you had a well. Well water is only gonna be a bit harder but cleaner most definitely. Id still add a tidge of prime to help. Im not sure what the white stuff is. Try dojng a gravel vac and a 30% water change. Add the prime and lets see what happens

That what I did today and its getting worst. Online I think it seems to be a fungus

That what I did today and its getting worst. Online I think it seems to be a fungus

If you could get a better pic of the white stuff and your cloudiness is from a bacterial bloom which will go away after awhile the bacterial bloom is being caused from the bb colony reestablishing itself due to changing filter pads only need to replace when falling apart but you run the new with the old for a couple weeks first and if it is a fungus it will die off on its own I just had some it will go away

Back
Top Bottom