Help! Didn't realize meds are unsafe for corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scriptora31

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I've kept small freshwater aquariums for years but have recently been battling problems with algae and disease. In the last couple weeks, two of my tetras (2+ yrs old) showed signs of white cottony fungus. UV filter seemed to take care of it and they were fine/clear, but then it showed up again with a vengeance. The next day, one of my platys started swimming sideways and demonstrating clamped fins.
I got Tetra Lifeguard and used the first dose last night ... but then I just realized it's not for scaleless fish! :banghead: Did I just kill my corys?? They look fine right now, but I feel terrible and don't know what to do. I don't have a hospital tank (I know, terrible) but can go get one. Will this help? What can I do for them?

Hi, I've kept small freshwater aquariums for years but have recently been battling problems with algae and disease. In the last couple weeks, two of my tetras (2+ yrs old) showed signs of white cottony fungus. UV filter seemed to take care of it and they were fine/clear, but then it showed up again with a vengeance. The next day, one of my platys started swimming sideways and demonstrating clamped fins.

I got Tetra Lifeguard and used the first dose last night ... but then I just realized it's not for scaleless fish! :banghead: Did I just kill my corys?? They look fine right now, but I feel terrible and don't know what to do. I don't have a hospital tank (I know, terrible) but can go get one. Will this help? What can I do for them?

I think a separate tank is useful. May not be a problem, are they showing any signs of distress? Depends on tank maturity, meds, water condition and size / age of fish. Any concerns then I'd do a 50% water change to reduce meds level.

Back
Top Bottom