Help!!!! Dying fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightningryan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

Help, I left for the weekend and i asked my mom to feed my fish
(1 Male Fancy Guppies
2 Female Fancy Guppies
5 Black Skirt Tetras
7 Neon Tetras
6 Algae Eater Snails)

ok, i got back, she said she fed them like i told her too, and here is what i came home to:

2 dead guppies (algae eater snails eating them)
2 dead neons (not to be found)
1 dead algae eater snail

my black skirts are turning slightly pink
and my tank lost 1 inch of water

Help me here

I think it might have to do with testing the water, the tank has been setup for a month and it was fine but havent cycled it yet or tested the water. i need to buy tester stuff. Help

Thanks

Hurry!!!

ok first off, you need to find and remove ALL of the dead fish, secound it could be ammonia spikes, i suggest to do a pwc, and what is the size of the tank? and when did you last put in a fish/snails? did you give too much food? and if you can try to get your LFS to test your water, because i belive it could be a ammonia spike and which of the guppys died (male/Female)?

virus said:
ok first off, you need to find and remove ALL of the dead fish, secound it could be ammonia spikes, i suggest to do a pwc, and what is the size of the tank? and when did you last put in a fish/snails? did you give too much food? and if you can try to get your LFS to test your water, because i belive it could be a ammonia spike and which of the guppys died (male/Female)?

10 gallon,

1 male died
1 female died
total of 2 guppies dead
and 2 neons dead

And what about the blackskirts turning pink?

well i dont know about taht but it MIGHT be overcrowded im not sure but what about getting your water tested? plus it might help to put this in the "unhealthy fish" section so you can get a better analasys! but try a pwc

Back
Top Bottom