Help: everything is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McClapyourhands

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently just had pretty much my entire tank cleared out. I had a male beta, 3 tetra, and snail all die within the last 3 days. The water levels were FINE. It all started with a pleco... I bought it and immediately decided it was not a good idea for my tank. A friend of mine needed 2 more days for her tank to cycle before she was going to adopt him. It never made it to her. The next day it was dead. I noticed some white dots and thought it was ick. I followed the directions ( I have had fish with ick who have successfully recovered in the past). But it still died. It was time for a water change so I went through my normal procedure. The next day one of my tetras was dead. Again, I tested the water nothing out of the ordinary and no sign of ick. The next 2 days the same thing happened. I took my water in to the local pet store (thinking my strips were bad), nothing was wrong. Iasked what her thiughts were and she didnt really give any answers. At this point i lost the pleco and 3 tetra. My beta and snail were good and she didnt recommend keeping them out of the tank. Today my beta was laying on its side struggling to swim to the top to get air. I came home from work and found him amd my snail dead. Any ideas in ehat is going on? I am really bummed out. My beta was abiut 3 years old but he was astrong guy.

This sounds terrible.I'm so sorry.

Snails and fish aren't susceptible to the same pathogens, so I suspect a water quality issue. New cleansers? Someone spray something nearby? Was there a sudden temperature change?

Was the ich medication expired?

Nothing new other than the ick medication. Maybe is was bad? My whole tank was killed. I want to cycle and try again, I'm just worried it will happen again.

Back
Top Bottom