HELP! Fish is Suddenly Lethargic!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shortygirl2407

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My danio glofish is suddenly acting weird swimming with her fins to her side and looks off.

I have a 30 gallon tank that has been high in nitrate for the past week. Over the past few days I have cleaned all of the decorations, filter, and vacuumed the gravel. I also did a 30% water change today. I added Start Zyme and Easy Balance and tested my water again and the nitrate is still high but the rest of the values are normal!

A week ago my other danio glofish died and I am worried I will lose her. Is there something I can do? Should I move her to a different tank? Is she just stressed from all of the tank movement today?

Thank You!

water change never hurts. when nitrates are high that's pretty much the only thing to do to remove them quickly. I'd say do a 50% water change (that's only 3 buckets in your case), reduce the lighting to give your fish a rest and hope for the best. I'd also skip on feeding that day.

as for the additives what does the start zyme do? it sounds like it helps to start nitro bacteria which in your case not an issue - if you have nitrates obviously you have the things that produce it.
as for easy balance, sounds like "magic bottle to solve problems" what does that actually do? I have a bottle from previous owner of one of my tanks but never use it.

What are you considering high just out of curiosity as nitrate affects a fish over a long period of time rather than instant at above 40ppm, what are you ammonia and nitrite readings? Have you done anything to the tank here recently before the fish got ill that could of got into the tank water? how old is this fish as it could just be old age as well?

Back
Top Bottom