Help fish with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktown

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need help

My fish got ick and I treated it with medicine but it never went away whats the best way to treat it I heard heat and salt works.

I treated them with medicine but it never went away whats the best way to get rid of it? I heard salt and heat works good

The salt probably isn't necessary. What kind of fish are in the tank? What are your water parameters? What size is the tank? How long has the tank been setup? Answers to all of these questions will help folks suggest the best course of action.

I got bala sharks , one silver tip shark, platties and kissing fish. My water is great ph is at 7.6 ammonia is at 0 and nitrate is at 0. I got a 72 gallon tank. Its been set up for about 5 months.

ok... the stocking police will be along shortly :)

For now, I would recommend you slowly raise the temp of the water to 86F (over the course of a few days). Leave it high like that for about 6-10 days. The salt isn't necessary. I would also recommend you do frequent PWCs (daily). If you have an airpump/airstone, I would run it in the tank during this time, as oxygenating the water will be good for the fish, both because of the ich, and because of the fact that higher temp water absorbs less oxygen.

Fort was right. I'm sorry to say that the bala shark at least will outgrow that tank, or get stunted in a tank that small.

I agree with the heat and salt method. Good luck.

(Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer about the stocking. :()

some people use salt some use heat and some use ich treatment......when i had this prob in one of my tanks ich infected alot of my fish so i search n asked for help too.....this is what i did i used ich treatment and killed off half of them with this treatment......could not get rid of ich.......so i learned that raising the water temp 85 degrees for a week killed off the ich and everythings has been great since then, just remember to research anything you do.

Thanks guys I will give that a try I also have moss balls will the higher tempatures kill them?

ick

My fish got ick and I treated it with medicine but it never went away whats the best way to treat it I heard heat and salt works.

i got the same thing im trying the heat and salt method i read if you can see the ick on your fish meds wont work for what is in your fish now good luck
demon

I just did the heat thing by slowly raising the temp up to 86 degrees and it worked thanks fort for the help I will never use salt ubless I have to

Back
Top Bottom