Help for my female swordtail please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys 1 of my female swordtails has wedged herself nose down between 2 moss balls, when I moved 1 of the moss balls she went and wedged herself between another moss ball and a log and she hasn't moved since which is a little concerning, my water parameters are ammo 0 nitrIte 0 nitrAte 10 using a nutrafin liquid test kit. I had a power cut yesterday for around 7 or 8 hrs where the temp dropped from 25• to 21• and obviously my filter was off but all the others are acting perfectly normal.

Does anybody have any ideas as to wt this could b and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance

Was she like this before the power outage or just since then? Your water parameters are good so it isn't a water issue. Have you noticed any bullying from other fish? is she the only sword in there or are there others and if so how many males to females? If there's no other outward signs that something is wrong (spots, injuries, fungus etc) then maybe just watch her and see if she gets better and make sure she isn't being bullied/stressed by other fish. Maybe someone else will be of more help. Good luck.

She has tipped upside down now but she's still kicking, I'm not holding out much hope right now and I'm contemplating euthanising her. There's never been a bullying issue in the they've lived together for well over a year now

Perhaps she has come with a disease. Have you seen anything abnormal on her body?

She may be holding or constipated and have bloat. What does her belly look like?

I'm pretty sure she dead now she's been upside down and not moved for about 5 mins now. There's no obvious sign of illness on her body she's relatively slim and iv not had a pregnant female before in my tank in over a year. It happened pretty fast I was out for an hr or so and they were all behaving as normal but when I got home she was nose down between the moss balls within 15 mins she'd died

Back
Top Bottom