Help!! Goldfish doing somersaults again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, just looking for some more advice about what I believe to be a swim bladder relapse. Of the 2 goldfish we have, this same one continues to have issues with the swim bladder. I had just cured what i thought was a swb issue by finally getting this one to eat peas... and she seemed to be doing fine. But then after doing a 50% water change and unplugging the filter, it wouldn't work after i plugged it back into the outlet. So unfortunately about 2 days went by before I really had a chance to tinker with it, but all fish seemed ok. After I got the filter running again i noticed this particular fish was doing somersaults and swimming sideways again like a flounder. I'm figuring the water quality was compromised some how.

I don't know what to do for it now... but I did feed her Metro meds that I had leftover from when she had a bout with Dropsy. But I don't know if this is going to help. So my question is... should I start her back on peas again, and forget about the Metro meds for now? Please advise thanks.

Update Bump... The fish is still swimming erratically in very fast spurts, then when it stops seems to be off balance when swimming in place. She is a comet I believe... usually a powerful and balanced swimmer.

Sounds like swim bladder disease again. Could you post your water parameters? When the filter was unplugged did the filter media stay wet? You may have killed your BB and you may have to recycle.

Sounds like swim bladder disease again. Could you post your water parameters? When the filter was unplugged did the filter media stay wet? You may have killed your BB and you may have to recycle.

Yes the media stayed wet. :whistle: ooook moving right along, Lol. The parameters are as follows: Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, PH 7.4, nitrate/good.

Fish are... One Comet, one common, and 5 cories... Water Temp is 72.
I've been feeding the bigger male sinking Goldfish pellets and the female with the issue peas. Then the last couple of days crushed metro meds.
She swims erratically when I come near the tank and seems out of control bumping into other fish sometimes(or almost) the cories are lightening quick and can dart out of her way.

Yes the media stayed wet. :whistle: ooook moving right along, Lol. The parameters are as follows: Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, PH 7.4, nitrate/good.

Fish are... One Comet, one common, and 5 cories... Water Temp is 72.
I've been feeding the bigger male sinking Goldfish pellets and peas... and the female with the issue, peas. Then the last couple of days crushed metro meds.
She swims erratically when I come near the tank and seems out of control bumping into other fish sometimes(or almost) the cories are lightening quick and can dart out of her way. She is able to swim very fast and does have an good appetite for a 21/2 inch fish.

Back
Top Bottom