Help. Goldie bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My large black moor is having a rough time.

Is my tank overstocked.

Literally over night his tail has split and raged looking.
One of my female black moors kps biting his tail. So I don't know how its gona heal.

Tank parameters taken after today's water change. 0ammonia 0 nitrite 10-20 nitrate.

Had some high nitrate probs in the past due to tap water ready 40ppm. Good tank maintenance I work so hard on it. I do 50% waterchsnges weekly.

Its 465 litre subtropical tank.

6fancies
3danios
3wcms
1Varaitus platy.

2externsl filter , 1internal

Bare bottom tank with large pebbles dotted about.
I feed twice daily veg 3-4 times a week with frozen food as treat.

Please help no spare tank and my moor is too big to put in a bucket. Am I overstocked.

If so I'm getting rid of the aggressor

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She's literally trying to eat his tail. Its horrendous should I get her out and put her in a bucket a time out.

This is best I could do. She's in time out to give my poor other moor a break.

Attachments

• 1446072672550.jpg
    1446072672550.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 54
I feel bad cause its so small :(

I love black moors I always thought they were pretty gentle fish and generally not aggressive.
I had a beautiful moor I miss him so much I had him for about 8-9 years.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446108855.095883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He looks like my Ludo. I have rehomed the aggressor and one other Goldie who was also nipping. He has a good fighting chance of healing now. My female moor didn't have very big telescope eyes and was a pretty fast swimmer.

I had a black moor get mauled very badly by some koi and or common goldies. My tank was WAAY overstocked. he was bad, fins completely torn off to the almost bottoms, sitting in the bottom of the tank.... I saved him with methylene blue and an antibiotic. Literally for a few days I thought he was gonna die, he sat in a small gallon jar with methylene and me hand feeding him Terramycin medicated food. Granted he was lucky, and a fighter. That is why I recommended that to you for your finrot in the other post, it really worked well for me. He recoverd completey and I sold him years later, full fins and bigger. it is a good cheap safe product....idk what else you could do for your moorif you cant get M.Blue or any antibiotic

He is showing signs of healing but alas still bottom sitting occasionally. M.blue does affect the BB. I don't think stressing him with a bath dip would be wise so I'm gona have a look in the LFS on the way home see if I can get something for finrot that I can use in the main tank. Seeing as I feel finrot was caused by bullying rather than water quality. If it was finrot wouldn't he still be affected ie would I not see further erosion. I think finrot is secondary issue cause the bullies ripped his tail apart. So they caused the wound. So a treatment that helps heal this you are right would be good. But its the issue of causing him more stress is my problem. As his as I've said before sensitive to meds. I am going to look for a finrot med that doesn't affect the BB so I can use in main tank. So don't stress him with handling him.

Matt I can get m.blue on Amazon. But I've just ordered this. I recognise the name I think I used it over a year a go and it did wonders. And I def know my moor is OK with it Its not sold in most LFS.

eSHa 2000 - Fungus, Finrot and Bacteria Treatment eSHa 2000's wide range action treat over 18 symptoms and disease organisms. eSHa 2000 treats a wide range of fungal, bacterial and parasitic infections, helps heal wounds and protects the skin layer. Use eSHa 2000 for Fungus, Dropsy, bacteria, skin problems, gill problems, fin rot, tail rot, ulcers and wounds. Also for Neon Tetra disease and many others. Treats 800 litres / 210 US gallons /175 UK gallons.

Interesting. Never heard of it. I prefer to read about and use oldschool meds more than modern stuff. I imagine i could be a fishdoctor if i wanted too, lol i love this stuff so much. Im sure some hobbyist and fish farms nowadays are using fancy meds like Azithromycin and no longer using the old tetracycline class of antibiotics.
Sounds like your medicine should work fine as long as the fish has a good appitite and hes a strong fish, at least it is an antiseptic to control the outside parts of the fish. Internal infection antibiotics might be avalible in your country admisistered thru feed, like you ever heard of Interpret #9 antibiotic feed?

I have heard of intepret meds I've used the anti slime coat and ich treatments from interpret all worked very well. But not seen no 9 in the shops. My moors tail has shown vast improvements and healing well. Parameters are all very good still. I used the meds I got esha 2000. This seems to have helped the tail. Been a week since I used the meds a 3 day course. Day 7 today and did a water change. Hr is eating well but still find him resting on the bottom of the tank. I have lost two wcms tho. Not sure if old age they are in their later yrs.

Interpret no 9 isn't available. I'm at a lost as what to do. I have both my moors occasionally bottom sitting now. The little moor is flashing. I have used these meds in the last couple of months. Parazin p x3 doses, anti slime coat and velvet and esha 2000 a broad spectrum med. I don't know what's wrong patameters are good. So dunno what to do.

Amazon seen to do an antibiotic food. Would this be a good idea?

Hi Delapool thanks , since posting I have spotted a bit of white spot on my little moor. And so I did a little deeper research in to white spot and a lot of the symptoms add up. Ie bottom sitting, harder to breath. So I'm wondering whether I've just misdiagnosed recently and its been white spot all along. Moors were flashing. So I'm gona hold off from any medicated food. I did first doze of antiwhitespot y.day and see no bottom sitting since. This is a good sign.

Maracyn 2 was ingredient in medicated food

Moor now has this. Same kind of thing ryukin has on tail.

I've used antifungal treatment. Got worse not better. I've never used salt before could this be worth a try. Is it less stressful on the fish. My moors problems all started after I used parazin p. He developed slime coat. Then was bullied cause parazin p weaken him. Tail was ripped apart. Rehomed bullies. Tail is healing but these have appeared.

Attachments

• 1449566118151.jpg
    1449566118151.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 1449566129845.jpg
    1449566129845.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 1449566140608.jpg
    1449566140608.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 36
Back