HELP! Gregory has ich!!!! D:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont use meds to treat goldfish with ich, just salt. If you want to continue with the meds you will need treat for atleast 2wks because they only affect the free swimming stage of the parasite. Yes, carbon will remove the meds from the tank if its new. If its a couple of weeks old, its beyond its efficacy and wont affect anything. The issue still remains that these guys shouldnt be housed together and neither is suitable for a 5g- your going to have continueing health issues and possibly other issues if the pleco decides the goldie is tastier than fish food. This needs to be addressed sooner rather later to avoid problems for everyone.

Last edited:
I have a one gallon with a bubble air stone thing, my aunt had a betta in it for like 8 years till she got her gallon of water mixed up with a gallon of tap :/ no more betta it's really really small and diamond shaped, will it be okay for him? What about transitioning him back?

You would transition him back just the same as you did when you bought him they are pretty hardy fish

I dont use meds to treat goldfish with ich, just salt. If you want to continue with the meds you will need treat for atleast 2wks because they only affect the free swimming stage of the parasite. Yes, carbon will remove the meds from the tank if its new. If its a couple of weeks old, its beyond its efficacy and wont affect anything. The issue still remains that these guys shouldnt be housed together and neither is suitable for a 5g- your going to have continueing health issues and possibly other issues if the pleco decides the goldie is tastier than fish food. This needs to be addressed sooner rather later to avoid problems for everyone.

I recommend removing the carbon no matter how old it is

I guess ill just have to place him in another tank to keep Gregory safe. And I know...bigger tank we have been over this..

Where did you buy the plec from also. If petco their fish are always covered in ich and all tanks share same filtration system

Back
Top Bottom