Help! Has anyone used Tetra Fungus Guard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Two of my fish had some fungus growing on them and so I bought Tetra Fungus Guard. It turned my water dark green and the fish are getting air from the top. Is this normal? If not, what should I do?

I`m a SW person but I dont think your fish should be doing that. I cant speak for that item but I have used pimafix before. I`m concerned that your fish might be having a hard time getting oxygen. I always treat fish in a QT.

Well, I don't know how long they have had it, so I thought that the other fish might have already gotten a little. I read it spreads easily, so I might as well treat everyone. I'm so worried. I finally had a batch of neon tetras that were healthy!

Well, they stopped going up for air now, which is a good sign. Maybe just the chemical messed with them for a little bit and they are used to it now?
Anyway, I guess I freaked out too soon. Sorry!
I am a bit worried still at how dark green the tank is...

Updtae: Water has not changed color, still dark green. So, I'm going to do a water change and see if that helps.
And both of the affected fish died. The other two, eating fine, active.

Back
Top Bottom