Help help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396807273.721583.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396807295.410685.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396807313.861203.jpg

My dojo loach uproot one of my floating sphere moss balls and got stuck in the weight!!! Now his butt has a black spot and he has this sore ring around him. I've removed him from my main tank. I woke up to him like this and I've had him for years!!! Please remember when suggesting treatments he is a scaless fish!

I've qt him and added some melafix to reduce stress hopefully this helps :( silly fool didn't realize how fat he was I had to push his head out the way he went in .

He'll pull through, I sucked an Odessa barb ( little football) through a 3/4" tube during a water change, basically ripped half of its face off, looked aweful.. It was totally healed up in 2 weeks.. No meds, just clean water and hotdogs?

I don't know about the hotdog idea, but maybe some foods high in protein content will be good for fast recovery (skin, in this loach's case). Glad you got him out of it! If it were me, I'd be a wreck!

Sorry.. Bad joke.. But yes good quality food! Which would definitely not include hot dogs;)

Sorry.. Bad joke.. But yes good quality food! Which would definitely not include hot dogs;)

I still think you're preggers.. :brows: Just kidding.

It's probably a no-no, but I have heard of people giving fish a slice of hot dog.. Dojos are carnivorous, so it MIGHT appreciate it, but the water parameters WON'T! :D

I still think you're preggers.. :brows: Just kidding. It's probably a no-no, but I have heard of people giving fish a slice of hot dog.. Dojos are carnivorous, so it MIGHT appreciate it, but the water parameters WON'T! :D
I only say it because a while back someone posted a rant about stuff and fish and stuff, in the rant they said they fed their oscars fast good once in a while.. Silly stuff!!

I put some brine shrimp in but he's not showing any interest. He's still traumatized. At first I just thought he was being silly just sitting in there because he will crawl into anything. Then he didn't move so I picked him up a smushed his head threw the other side. I didn't panic I really didn't think it was going to bad at all until I got it off him. He didn't fight much while I was getting him out, u think he was thankful.

Try soaking the food in garlic. I had to do that when I forgot to cut up freeze dried krill and almost choked my bf's bichir. She refused to eat after we had to remove it but the garlic got her to eat smaller food.

Definitely LOTS of water changes. If you have him in QT you probably want to do that anyway. A small amount of salt in the water and as many water changes as you can handle. As long as he doesn't start acting sick or looking infected, growing fungus etc around the wound I would hold off feeding for a day, keep doing water changes every day and you will see him heal up in no time. Watch for signs of infection similar to what we watch for in humans. Offer what ever is normally his favorite food...blood worms are almost always accepted by any fish I have ever had even sick ones, but frozen not dried. If you just can not get frozen blood worms then try alternating his normally favored foods.
It looks like you did a very good and loving job of removing him from that weight. Fish are amazingly more resilient than we think and I have seen just plain and simple water changes cure a wide range of ailments. Hang in there and good job!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397021200.548123.jpg

He's pretty much all better, wound healed very well. Qt him with melafix. Thanks for everyone's help!

Back
Top Bottom