HELP HELP HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrewfinhert

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am so frustrated! I want to smash my tank (but wont).

I just spent 100$ on new fish and they are all dead.

I have a 35 gallon tank which is very well planted, well lit, co2 injected.
The substrate is flourite with fertilizer tabs. I supplement potassium and iron. I do regular water changes.

Anyways. I had a nasty bout of ick and a bunch of fish died....I treated it and it went away. Then i broke EVERYTHING down and cleaned it fully without soap.

The fish that survived are still doing well.....some drawf frogs, khuli loaches and tetras, and a massive pleco....they are thriving in the new tank as are the plants.

The new tank was set up 3 weeks ago and the bacteria is established i think.

SO....i bought 10 orange mollies....they all did fine for a week, then died. At the same time i bought a dozen new frogs...they were fine then within 2 days they all died. I just bought 6 new khulis and they too died within a day!!!!!

BUT...ALL OF THE OLD FISH ARE FINE!!!! I dont bloody get it.
My amonia is zero, Nitrite is very slightly elevated, and nitrate is low.
It seems everything i put in the tank dies except the old fish

please please help

Andrew

could be one of a few things.

first, an established tank is only established for it's current bio load. Adding in that many fish at one time probably caused an ammonia spike. Why the other fish survived - dunno. The elevated nitrIte is evidence that an ammonia spike previously occurred.

2 - You could have just gotten a bad batch of fish

3 - How did you acclimate? if you didn't acclimate very well it could've hurt them.

Welcome to AA!

I would suspect acclimation or ammonia spike as well. The new fish very well would have been stressed more than the old fish and the stress makes their systems weaker, hence an ammonia spike could affect them worse.

Back
Top Bottom