Help help help parisites need ergent help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really need help I have just done a water change and there seems to be hundreds of small worms in my tank. They are thin and white and have no shaped head just like a very small white worm. Some of my fish have eaten them!!!! I am not sure how I got them. Today when I did my water change I turned everything off except the light the maybe when I turned my filter on the worms were in there and it pushed them out? I have also purchased 1 live plant but it is from my local and very trustworthy aquarium. Please help and leave a comment

Tetra98 said:
I really need help I have just done a water change and there seems to be hundreds of small worms in my tank. They are thin and white and have no shaped head just like a very small white worm. Some of my fish have eaten them!!!! I am not sure how I got them. Today when I did my water change I turned everything off except the light the maybe when I turned my filter on the worms were in there and it pushed them out? I have also purchased 1 live plant but it is from my local and very trustworthy aquarium. Please help and leave a comment

Sounds like planaria to me. Those are fine, not parasites. But it means u are overfeeding! Haha here's a link

http://www.planetinverts.com/what_is_that_bug_in_my_aquarium.html

I agree, sounds like planaria to me as well. Feed less and do a couple of good vacuums. They are not dangerous.

Thanks but they are not as plumb as those and you can not see their eyes

Tetra98 said:
Thanks but they are not as plumb as those and you can not see their eyes

Ya I had these worms too. Dw I couldnt see their eyes and it was alot slimmer than the pic in that link. I wouldn't worry so much. I no longer see them as Ive reduced
my feeding :)

Thanks guys you have solved my problem god I love this website and sorry homedog98 there is no way I can take a photo they are way to small

Back
Top Bottom