Help!!!!!! High levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ccfd48

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help levels are ph7.8 ammonia is 2.0 nitrate 2 2.0 nitrate3 0.00 with fish in what to do 5 weeks in 3 with fish

Do a large water change. Make sure to add declorinator to your new water. Test again. ~75% + water change.

Ccfd48 said:
Help levels are ph7.8 ammonia is 2.0 nitrate 2 2.0 nitrate3 0.00 with fish in what to do 5 weeks in 3 with fish

Water changes, water changes and more water changes. 50% to 75%. Are you using a dechloranator? What size tank? What type of filtration and what kind of fish? How often are you performing water changes? When I did a fish in cycle I had way more fish then you did BUT I was doing water changes sometimes 2x a day!! It's tough but you can get through it.

Do your water changes and you might wanna test your tap water also. Fill a bucket and test it. Leave it over night and test again.

Hope this helps.

Get a plant! They're like the best thing for a tank! They basically eat nitrates and ammonia, remove CO2, and put oxygen on the water. Get the right kind though, unless you want your fish to eat it! Do plenty of water changes (when I had my tank I did 25% a day until everything was balanced out) I use purified water from my sink (removes chlorine, fluorine, and adds minerals) and Stress Coat+ (does all that the dechlorinater does and adds a slime coat to the fish, which relaxes them) I approve of my methods, and will start a thread on how to balance a tank (as I've successfully done it three times and know the matter inside and out) my forte is in bottom feeders and livebearers (my first time breeding, have learned much about guppies and platys) I will begin it now!!! ^^

Amazon is Cheap for Prime too........don't mess around with anything else SeaChem products are the best

Look at Purgen by SeaChem, get the 100ml comes in a bag it helps with Nitrates plus it makes your water very clear.

Sounds like you are in a mini Cycle,(happened to me when I have to switch to a new tank due to a big leak) if you want to make the investment pick up the Stability by SeaChem....it kept my tank levels stable by seeding the bacteria you need to cycle your tank.

And Water Changes ...plenty of Water Changes...also in an emergency you can use the Prime in a large dose to Detox the ammonia/nitrite and Nitrates.

Nothing worse then testing your Water before you need to go somewhere and you need to PWC the prime is great to hold it off. Test Daily. Good luck

Well I've done a 50% water change lost 1 Chinese sucker 2 glo fish ammonia down to .25 time will tell I guess.......20 gallon tank molly pleco glofish tetra albino catfish Chinese water sucker will check again in am

Well everyone is dead except for my gold dust Molly guess I'm starting over now what to do?

Levels of .25 Ammonia or above are toxic, especially as ph climbs above 7.0, NitrItes are toxic above levels of 20 ppm, and NitrAtes are toxic above levels of 20.

Fish can survive for a while with higher levels but their health will degrade and any additional stress can kill them.

I continually test and when my tank reaches any of those levels, I do a water change...my schedule right now is a 50% every third of fourth day. When the tank stabilizes, you can follow you schedule without testing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom