help ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi my fish had ich I have been using esha exit and esha 2000 for 5 days now but on the box it says to use for 3 days! The ich of most of my fish has totally gone but there is a white spot on my platty and guppy that won't go! Do I need to keep treating or should I wait until the white spot comes off then retreat when it is in its free swimming stage, I'm worried about all of this treatment hurting my royal pleco and kuhli loach because they are scaleless. I have raised my temperature gradually to 28 to try to speed up the ich life cycle but its odd how the same white spots that I seen first still remain there! Any help would be greatfull

Sent from my Desire HD using Aquarium

Could be a scar or injury. Remember these parasites have to get through the skin/scales so they can cause this damage and leave it long after they're dead.

Ok should I stop my treatment now then and gradually turn my temp back down?

Sent from my Desire HD using Aquarium

The common treatment time I have seen is 10 days, no matter what the treatment method. I personally would continue anyway... But it could just be scarring which remains... Or the parasite could be waiting... So yeah, I would continue.

Back
Top Bottom