help ich :( cory catfish acting very wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starfish615

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i am new to this site looking for a little help and advice so far i have been trying to fix this problem looking at other posted threads. i have a well established 10 gallon tank that did have 4 guppies 2 cory catfish and one albino algea eater last sunday i noticed to my horror my algea eater covered with ich spots. i immediatly removed him from the tank and attmepted to treat him in his own small quarantine tank but he didnt last the day. i did a 30% ish water change using a gravel siphon and began treatment with rid ich (i found from other threads this to be a good option for my catfish) increased the temp to 80 degrees. and have been treating the tank daily per recomended dose (5ml per 10 gallon) and doing small water changes every other day.now my guppies seem to be fine no appearances of spots on them or the catfish but i am still noticing occasional "sideswipes" on plants by the guppies and the catfish have spent the last 2 days frantically swimming up and down one side of the tank constantly. im not sur eif this is the disease or if this is there sensitivity to the meds?? also the bottle says to treat for 3-4 days after last appearance of spots none of my remaining fish have any and i removed the affected fish sunday but as said i am still seeing the guppies rubbing themselves on plants? should i continue treatment? and for how long? oh and also i have been testing my water perameters and things are a touch off here and there (ph could be a tad higher) but nitrites are 0 and low nitrates

You should get the heat up to 86° and leave it until 2 weeks after spots are gone. If you find anymore spots just leave the fish and treat the entire tank. You can also add salt

Back
Top Bottom