Help!!! Ick and red spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherry750

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am new and I need HELP!!!! A very new fish owner and our fishies have been healthy and happy for about a month, until we suddenly have an ick breakout and we don't know why. 3 of the fishies had obvious spots so I moved them to a tank alone, however after speaking with a local fish store I was informed to put them back into the tank because the whole tank is most likely infected and needs to be treated anyways. I put 2 of the fish back and they are swimming around but one is COVERED in spots, should I remove him from the tank again?

One of the fish that had spots no longer do but now have red spots on their body. I haven't returned her to the big tank because I am scared of getting everyone sicker. She sits at the bottom of the tank and stays still but I caught her swimming up the tank while she's sick. How can I help her/ should I put her back in the tank?

As for the tank, I have a heater in it at 79 degrees, i just started today, I have Microbe Life Herbtane medicine I have given the past 2 days in a row as well as I ordered some garlic food for the fish that will arrive Sunday.

I'm sorry for such a long and stressful post but I really need some help!!!!

tBX9m4QNJ6m7hVX69

oMjn6us7Y7Ys6tgr9

Back
Top Bottom