Help ID please...parasite, fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
My male furcata rainbow I've had for nearly a year suddenly stopped eating and I found him hovering at the top yesterday. He died just a little while ago. I was blown away when I found this after examining him. What on earth?? Sorry the pics aren't better focused.

Attachments

• image-3480406644.jpg
    image-3480406644.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image-632767273.jpg
    image-632767273.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 71
This same thing happened to my cae the other night! I moved him from my big community tank to a smaller one by himself and the next morning he was upside down and had a blue abcess protruding from his underside. Still no idea what caused it but he was dead.
Best of luck with your fish!! If I find any useful info i'll post it on here.

This same thing happened to my cae the other night! I moved him from my big community tank to a smaller one by himself and the next morning he was upside down and had a blue abcess protruding from his underside. Still no idea what caused it but he was dead.
Best of luck with your fish!! If I find any useful info i'll post it on here.

Thank you. I'd like to start treating the others asap if this is contagious.

It didn't spread to any of my others luckily. A woman at my lfs said it could have been an internal parasite? She also said it could have been gasses accumulating and the bloating was too much to hold. To be safe I'm medicating my tank for parasites. She also suggested adding aquarium salt for a few days but I have African dwarf frogs and I think that might hurt them so I'm going to skip that.

It didn't spread to any of my others luckily. A woman at my lfs said it could have been an internal parasite? She also said it could have been gasses accumulating and the bloating was too much to hold. To be safe I'm medicating my tank for parasites. She also suggested adding aquarium salt for a few days but I have African dwarf frogs and I think that might hurt them so I'm going to skip that.
The medication can be lethal:3 Make sure to remove carbon filtration, and when you're done, it's recommended to put one to remove the medication to not stress the fish.

Lethal?! She said it wouldn't harm them if they were healthy... And I have removed my carbon filter the box said to leave it out for 48 hours and then to replace it after to absorb leftover meds.

Lethal?! She said it wouldn't harm them if they were healthy... And I have removed my carbon filter the box said to leave it out for 48 hours and then to replace it after to absorb leftover meds.
When i say lethal, i mean it can stress you're fish, and any fish sensitive to stress will die easily. Watch out:)

Back
Top Bottom