HELP ... Idk whats going on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok my fish are normally all over the tank when I get home in the mornings! Like swimming around all excited like and swim to te front so I can feed them. But they are all just staying in the back of the tank just chillin on the bottom... They're swimming but not like normal... All of them just together in the same general area... Idk what's up but it's making me nervous

-ok well idk what I did but I apparently am a horrible fish mom. My fish kids aren't acting right at all just not normal and the ph is good and the temps are good. I'm going to make safe water in the old tank and if they aren't acting normal tomorrow then I'm going to move em back or something because I don't know what else to do . Perfect way to start the day...

What are you're water parameters? What is the temperature, and the pH. Have you added anything new to the tank lately? What fish do you have and how big is the tank?

Ph is normal temp is about 72 . I've got my 2 glo tetras , harlequin rasbora and my fantail goldfish in a 30g tank. Please don't start in about the goldfish and how it needs to be elsewhere or whatever lol I'm tired of getting jumped on about my goldfish lol this is the 1st time I've ever seen them do this and I'm freakin out a bit lol

The temperature is a bit low for the rasboras and tetras. Second of all, it doesn't supprise me that they started acting ill, you're stock is way too low. The glo tetras need to be at least 5, and the harlequin rasboras also. So my guess is if you don't add more tetras and rasboras, they will not thrive. 2 Glo Tetras will probably not school, worst for the harlequin as he is alone. So get 4 more rasbora's, and 3 more glo tetras, imo it should help solve the problem. It should be a little overstocked, so if you wish to keep the water changes up, then it's the best you can do. If not, rehome the goldfish and you can add plenty more fish.

Now there might be something else, did you introduce anything new to the tank? Whats the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate reading? Is this a cycled tank? Are they still eating?
Also, try turning the lights off and see if they stop hiding.

Maybe it's that light they don't like. Bc they are moving around now.. They didn't do that with the other light that was on the other tank... Maybe I should just use the other..

They're all in different hiding spots in the decorations I have ... I'm so confused and mad at myself for making my fish not right ! Awful...

I don't know . I can't find those tests anywhere here.
Then that might also be why too. How often do you do water changes and when was the last time you did one? Also, how could you know if you're tank is cycled or not without a test kit?:S
I would do an immediate 50% water change and see if it get's any better. Don't forget to clean the filter media with tank water.

Bettas can go a long time without food, I had one go about 6 wks believe it or not before he passed, he was ill from day one & I've heard of others going a couple of weeks & them start eating. In any case, yours has been ill & I haven't read every post in this thread so I'm not sure what all he's been treated with. If he were hungry he should be able to "smell" the food if I'm not mistaken so even if he were blind he'd be able to eat. Have you tried frozen blood worms? Sorry I don't recall what brand of pellet you're feeding, I know with mine I have one who actually won't eat the NLS pellets but will gobble up Omega One. I would offer him one pellet or frozen blood worm & if he doesn't eat it try again the next day. I currently have a girl in the hospital tank who wouldn't eat for 3 days, today she ate 2 pellets but wouldn't eat any more. Keep an eye on him for any other signs or symptoms, I know its hard not knowing how to help them when you really want them to be healthy & happy.

FYI: Amazon normally has the freshwater master test kit for around 19 bucks. Much cheaper than most stores

Back
Top Bottom