Help!!!!! Injured BGK :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newtropicaltank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Really hoping someone can help me....my Black Ghost Knife seems to have a piece of a new plant (just added yest) stuck in under his chin! What should I do? Even if I catch him & try to pull it out surely that could damage him more but I'm so scared it becomes infected & makes him poorly :(

that is very strange & scary. not sure what to do either :( what kind of a plant is it??

It's probably stuck in his gills, and I would try netting him as carefully as possible, and using tweezers to get it out. It will do more damage by staying in there, as opposed to you pulling it out, especially if it's plastic.

it's not a plastic plant, its a real one I bought yest, not sure what kind, all I know is that it's bushy & looks slightly spiky although it's not when you touch it. BGK (mr slinky) has been hiding in his cave since I fed him an hour ago. really not sure what to do at all

i would try dk's advice and try to pull it out yourself. it sounds like an anacharis... any pics?

Here are some photos of the offending plant, my tank & mr slinky who is hiding in the volcano!!

Attachments

• image-2967782613.jpg
    image-2967782613.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 56
  • image-203215954.jpg
    image-203215954.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3483321076.jpg
    image-3483321076.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 56
Update - The piece of plant seems to have come unstuck, phew! I can't see any sign of injury so hopefully he is completely fine. Thanks to everyone for your help

Back
Top Bottom