Help me please!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Element17409

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My female betta is not swimming or eating. It lays on the top or bottom and leans against the tank. Before that my tank broke and my fish were laying around for a while and I put it back in and it seemed fine but I think the other bigger females are bitting it. It is about 1.5 inches or less. It has to red spots on each side next to it's head which I belive r it's lungs. Please help I don't no what to do

Has the tank gone through the nitrogen cycle? How long has the tank been running? Is there a filter? Heater? How big is it? What other fish are in there?

So, your fish laid out in the open before they were back in water?

You say that she has red spots on her head, sounds like ammonia burns.

It's 10 gallons with 2 other females no heater. Has a filter and plants

Yea but I don't no how long they were sitting in the tank for and she is the only one that is like that

On both sides on the bottom next to head I'm not sure if it is a bump or just red

I move the small bowl and it just looks like it's head is to heavy for it's body because I move it and she does not swim she gets tossed but her head stays down

It seems like it's tail is torn I think it's dying it's very sad and it looks like it want to just die

Do you know what the temp of the tank is? If it's under 78*, then you need to get a heater.

Your tank has probably not gone through the nitrogen cycle, and that is why one is sick, and the rest will be soon. Try doing a 25% water change every day for a while, and see if that helps.

Sounds like she has a swim bladder issue, and you can get some frozen peas, boil them, and pop the middles out of the shell. Mush them a little and then feed the fish. Take out any leftovers. Peas are a laxative for fish.

Her tail might be torn from the other fish picking on her because she is sick. Clean water will heal it up, and you can try getting some Stress-Coat water conditioner with aloe.

I move the small bowl and it just looks like it's head is to heavy for it's body because I move it and she does not swim she gets tossed but her head stays down

Small bowl? Or is it really a 10 gallon?
When you say that the tank "broke", what do you mean?

Do you know about the nitrogen cycle (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? Do you understand the need for partial water changes and water testing? Do you have a test kit? The information from a drop-type test kit (NOT test strips) will go a long way toward helping us to help you.

And also how do I no if my fishes r bitting each other when I'm gone? And how do I no If they r hurt

The one that is hurt is in a deli cup thing the one u get from percolate and petsmart

Back
Top Bottom