Help me save my guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tianna8999

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I really need some help. I added fish yesterday to my new tank and one of the 5 guppies is acting odd. Isolating and chilling in the bottom of the tank

Could it be that he is just stressed from being moved into the tank? He may need a day or 2 or 3 to adjust.

Ok thank you I’ll try to be patient what do i do if I put too many fish at once and my water is messed up? Do I do water change?

I'm sorry. We lost about 3 fish when we first stocked our tank too. SOMETIMES I think the clerks at the pet store distress the fish when trying to catch them. We've seen the clerks chase the poor fish around and around the tank, and I'm sure it does the fish no good. I hope your supplier guarantees their fish for a week or two. If so , take the dead ones back, along with a sample of your tank water. They will probably check the water parameters for you..just in case it's a water problem. And they SHOULD replace the deceased ones too. I hope your luck improves. L.

I'm sorry. We lost about 3 fish when we first stocked our tank too. SOMETIMES I think the clerks at the pet store distress the fish when trying to catch them. We've seen the clerks chase the poor fish around and around the tank, and I'm sure it does the fish no good. I hope your supplier guarantees their fish for a week or two. If so , take the dead ones back, along with a sample of your tank water. They will probably check the water parameters for you..just in case it's a water problem. And they SHOULD replace the deceased ones too. I hope your luck improves. L.

Awe I didn’t know that I flushed them down... thank you

We are missing a lot of information here. How large is the tank? What is your filtration? Did you cycle the tank? Did you acclimate the fish?

Back
Top Bottom