Help my angel has stuff on it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brendan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I just got a few fish from big al's and my angel has some stuff on him here is a description of my tank

To give u an idea of the tank it's a 28 gal bowfront with 2 merineland 150 penguin bioweel filters. A merineland led night/day lamp double bright. In the tank I have some fake plants as well as some plastic rock formations.

Now for what's living in it lol

- 2 ferns
- 1 seeweed looking stuff (can't remember name)
- 1 moss ball
- 2 fancy angel fish
- 3 black phantom tetras
- 2 rummy nose tetras
- 2 mollies
- 1 sword tail

Also here is a few pic's as good as I could get them

Attachments

• image-1274918856.jpg
    image-1274918856.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2677512864.jpg
    image-2677512864.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3871727206.jpg
    image-3871727206.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 80
I was told it could be fungus and also could be ick what can I do he's super cool looking and don't wanna lose him or any other fish

Perhaps you could be more specific... what does this 'stuff' look like? Specks? cotton? What color is it? Where is it at?

Is it that white spot near its tail? I can't tell whether thats some sort of speck on the glass, or the problem. If it's the problem, it looks to be fungal, but could also be some sort of bacterial infection from a wound.

I can't really tell from the pics... are you referring to the mark near the tail? If so, it very well could be fungus. Unless you're seeing white spots, I would rule out Ich.

Either way, Ich-Attack is a really good med to use for treating both Ich and fungus. If you believe that it's fungus, just follow the instructions on the bottle, remove any carbon from your filter media and do NOT increase the temp, (high temps could make the fungus worse).

Yes it looks kind of cottony and yes that's the spot I'm talking aboutit's gotten fuzzier from yesterday to today I have salt in my water already as well just for more info

Follow Lumpy's advise. follow the instructions on the Ich Attack (don't be fooled and buy another commercial brand promising miracles) and keep the tank water very clean.

Also, watch for aggression between the angels.

Back
Top Bottom