Help my boi has a pimple?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yanagi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I woke up this morning and my boi has a small white mark on his face that wasn't there yesterday. He's still very active what could this be? I recently moved and he was probably a little stressed out. In addition he is a koi plakat which are know to change colors but I dont think that this is the case. The tank is a five gallon, with only him and a loach that have always gotten along really welI really hope this isn't hole in head if so what can I do to help?

Attachments

• 20180813_165031.jpg
    20180813_165031.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 63
I don't think it's Hith. More likely an abrasion or maybe an outside chance of Lymphocystis. I personally have never seen Hith affect any variety of fish other than New World cichlids.

I don't think it's Hith. More likely an abrasion or maybe an outside chance of Lymphocystis. I personally have never seen Hith affect any variety of fish other than New World cichlids.
Okay so I changed the water and the bump went away yay, but now he has a bump on his tail lol. Do you maybe know what this is? I'm sorry to bother you, he might have had it for a while and I just didn't realize. It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all I'm probably just being paranoid. He's a cool little man.20180814_173821.jpg

Some fish when stressed or the immune system is weakened develope viral bumps called "Lymphocystis". It's non lethal, just ugly. It's comparable to a cold sore. The pictured bump on the tail looks more like lymphocystis, than the blotch on the head did. Pristine water and good nutrition are the best course of action against Lymphocystis. It often heals itself over time.

Some fish when stressed or the immune system is weakened develope viral bumps called "Lymphocystis". It's non lethal, just ugly. It's comparable to a cold sore. The pictured bump on the tail looks more like lymphocystis, than the blotch on the head did. Pristine water and good nutrition are the best course of action against Lymphocystis. It often heals itself over time.
Thankyou so much I'll make sure his water is super clean.

Back
Top Bottom