HELP MY FISH ARE DYING.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Of bordem....

I have tried running up to the tank and screaming to get them to move and the puffers to puff, but its just not working... just kidding.

But seriously, my fish look so bored. My kuli (sp?) loaches run cirlces on the glass and the puffers just look dumbfounded (they are brandnew additins

This is the 15gal tall. I know its grossly overstocked but its become a refuge for my friends' sick fish they wanted to flush.....

The only guys who are active are the zebra danios, and the crawfish (non-aggressive, no worries).

kuhliis will do that for a while, once they get settled in they will find a hiding spot and you probably will only see them occasionally.

check with other puffer owners, but aren't puffers really aggressive?

at first i thought you were overstocked when i read puffers and loaches but then the crawfish??? I think its not just the amount of fish but the types being kept together that are keping your fish from exposing their true personalities. the crawfish should really be kept in a species only tank aswell as the puffers. Loaches, depending on what types, get to be a fair size and in a 15gal tall you don't have much swimming space for any of the fish. With the loaches and danios being so active and puffers prefer a calmer tank your fish will most likely seem unhappy and bored because they are.
Sorry to sound a little harsh but I don't think there could be any other answer unless your tank is new and cycling... Any other tanks or friends with tanks you could do some rearranging to give some more space?

bah, you tricked me into reading this thread!!! I thought there might be somthing awful happening.

Personally, I kinda like the "running to the tank" idea :) But with my luck, I'd end up teaching my cats a bad idea.

I would also have to agree that the quantity of fish and the types of fish are causing personalities to be abnormal. How often do you do water changes? Maybe the overstocking is causing an ammonia or nitrite spike also affecting the fish's behaviour?

Back
Top Bottom