Help my fish are sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
The Otto in the photo is dead another is starting to look like it, my Betta is beyond and it happened in a day, I looked at him on Sunday and his scale looked like it was flaked and I tested the water and it was perfect no spikes I did a water change anyways.. I always do when we have a dead fish. Makes me feel better, but I am sick to my stomach I have never seen anything like this.
Also our Bettas fins look like the were shredded. We had one of those floating betta logs I noticed some hair like algee attached to it so I took it out so that I could clean it and noticed the coloring was wearing of it in spots I didn't put it back in the tank.

Everyone is very lazy in the tank, any ideas on on how I can save our little community the tetras are not showing any stress as of yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 85
From that picture, it looks like a fungus of sorts to me but theres also blood. To be honest i dont know. How often are you changing the water and you tested it the other day what were your results?

The Otto in the photo is dead another is starting to look like it, my Betta is beyond and it happened in a day, I looked at him on Sunday and his scale looked like it was flaked and I tested the water and it was perfect no spikes I did a water change anyways.. I always do when we have a dead fish. Makes me feel better, but I am sick to my stomach I have never seen anything like this.
Also our Bettas fins look like the were shredded. We had one of those floating betta logs I noticed some hair like algee attached to it so I took it out so that I could clean it and noticed the coloring was wearing of it in spots I didn't put it back in the tank.

Everyone is very lazy in the tank, any ideas on on how I can save our little community the tetras are not showing any stress as of yet.

So one fish dead and the other is "showing" does it look a flesh eating disease?

You might wanna check this out. I don't wanna jump the gun so maybe this will help.

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/columnaris.html

From the picture I'm leaning towards this.... Check it out and see what you think. If so you need to treat ASAP.

I lost several fish to columnaris and so did another member here. He almost lost his entire stock and he has a 150 gallon heavily stocked African cichlid tank.

Omg, that article describes our Bettas exact condition but ours looks far worse. Aot of the terms are confusing and it is late. I am going to leave to tab open and reread that again tomorrow and call, the local store to see if they have that substance listed. I have never done a bath and t be honest a little freaked out that I won't get it right. Our poor Betta has gone through some rough times since Aug and the kids love him.
Fingers crossed its not to late to save him, or everyone else.
If we do lose our fish we are looking at a two hour drive to get new ones that we can trust

I lowered the thermometer on the aquarium, but the temp of the water is higher than the heater at the moment :( so I have lowered my home thermostat.
I got some API fungus cure from the local store and started the treatment, the activity level in our tank has risen amongst all the fish and our Betta is no longer laying on the bottom of the tank :) most of the white cotton likehas depleted from the open wound and only a small trace remains 3 hours later, by no means cured but hopefully we will not lose anyone ( fingers crossed)

I appreciate everyone's help and I don't feel so freaked out anymore

He isn't 100% and still looks really bad but the attitude in the tank is much better I am hoping that I caught it quick enough ill take a picture and show the difference maybe I'm just being optimistic, instead of feeling like I am going to throw up in panic.

Ok so the water is green from the medicine and the photo is at almost 4 hours of swimming in medicine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 48
So today is re-dose day for the medicine, and then in 48 hours I replace the carbon filter after a pwc.
I am just not sitting right with the water and would feel better doing a pwc today and then adding the new medicine. I don't think this would hurt the treatment but any ideas would help.

When I went to bed last night our Beta was still clear of the white cotton ball appearance but the Otto still has his attached to his side but it no longer has the red accents. It is still much to dark in the aquarium to see at the moment. All the other fish have been fine except one little neon who was doing the I need to swim on my side kinda giving me the wtf is going in in here look lol.

I would be lost without this site, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom