HELP my goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love_goldfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI ALL , im new to this forum ( it's nice ) :D

i came last year to usa and i have spalling so i not so good at reading sorry :oops:

ok i have new tank and new fish ( i never had goldfish before ) and when im first put my 3 goldfish in the 10 gallon tank they war happy i think :? and after 1 week they start to lay on the bottom of the tank
:( :( :( ok and now they have ick im going crayzzzzzzzzz HELP :cry: :cry: ok so i add salt to my tank they start to move a little more than before but still laying on the bottom .

if someone can help plez do that caz i donut want my goldfish to die :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welcome to AA! :infinity: First I would check the temperature of the water. Goldfish are very hardy fishes, but if the water is too warm they don't like it. They like temps lower that 75 degrees. Then check the pH, it should be 7 or close to 7. I dont know if you have one, but its a good Idea to have a filter in aquariums 10 gal and up. I would also do a partial water change. I hope your fish get better :D !
If they have ick you should treat them with medicine ASAP go to the lfs and ask for ick cure

thinkx my temp now is 25 c i not sure wat is in f , like i side : i add salt to the water is it reit ????? :eyes:

25 C is about 76 F. Do you have a heater or a cooler in the tank? Or is the tank near a direct heat source, like a really sunny window? -- You might want to try moving the tank to a cooler location. Also your tank is probably starting to cycle. Goldfish are HIGHLY pollutant fish, they create more waste than the average fish so three (if they're fully grown and depending on breed and...stuff) might be a little much for a beginning tank of that size.

I'd suggest 10% daily water changes. Make sure the water you add to the tank is the same temperature as the water IN the tank.

Can you post the readings of your tank? Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, PH levels? ect ect.. Also please describe the setup and location of the tank? Type of filter, pump, lighting..ect. ^___^

hi meiko :D ,

ok i just gat cure for ick i hope it will work. i donut have haeter i think my water is fine so.......

i my fish will gat stressed if i move them :( ( i donut want to move them but thnkx anyway :D :D )

i think the ick will go :cry: caz my goldfish are cute and i love how thay swim it's :wink:

1 of my goldfish is did this morning i will miss him :cry: :cry: :cry:

he didn't have ick ( i didn't se on him ) i donut know what happened :cry: :cry:

now i have 2 goldfish 1 of them always is at the top of the tank is this normal ????

If one fish has Ich, they all are in the same environment so they are all exposed to the Ich. How do you know they have Ich? Do you see the spots on them? And what are you treating with? Salt is known to work for treatment, but with heat as well, which is something goldfish don't like. You'd need to read up on the salt treatment.
You may think your water is fine, but without testing, you can't know for sure. Do you add dechlorinator when changing the water? Poisonous water can look clean and pure.
You should really have a filter on the tank, too. There are several cheap filters out there that are easy to use and maintain. Goldfish are large waste producers, so a filter is important, as is gravel vacuuming and water changes. Also, make sure you don't overfeed, something that's so easy to do. A little every day, but it must not hit the bottom, and should be eaten within a couple minutes.
A ten gallon tank is actually too small for two goldfish, let alone three. It's a myth that those fish can live in bowls and small containers. Goldfish should have about 10gal each as they produce so much waste and they grow so fast and big.
I wish you well with your fish, and advise that you read up on goldfish and fishkeeping. There's so much to learn in order to keep your fish alive, and so much your fish store doesn't tell you. Good luck!

ok i have all of that the filter and suff and ya they have the spots on them but now 2 goldfish is did :cry: :cry:

now i have only 1 goldfish slash ( / ) i was thinking abut buying a new fish for the tank but im afraid that the new fish will bring agin the ich i donut want that is i not sure with to do :roll:

slash is good now he donut have any spots and he is swimming like crayz around he is ok

and i just know that all the fish in the pat shop they are all sick it's min to sell sick fish :( :(

You REALLY need to monitor your water! I can't stress it enough. What looks fine to you might be slowly killing your fish. And you really shouldn't add anymore fish until you tank is done cycling...

Have you ever tested your water for Ammonia, NitrIte, and NitrAte?

Back
Top Bottom